This is my very first DIY! I am so excited to share it with you guys. For Halloween I am being Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's. I found this tutorial via Pinterest and it was perfect! Breakfast at Tiffany's is one of my favorite movies and I can't wait to show you guys the finished costume.
- Teal Felt
- Braided Gold Ribbon
- Gold Elastic
1) I started out by cutting out a template. I found the template I used here.
2) Trace the outline with a marker twice (you will be cutting two out).
3) Cut two of the shapes out
4) Cut two piece of elastic and glue onto the back. I estimated mine somewhere between 15 and 17 inches. I also glued it to the side that had the sharpie marks, to make sure they would be hidden.
5) Glue the other side of the mask on top of the one you just attached the elastic to.
6) Little by little glue the gold braid along the edge. I did this part really slowly to make sure I didn't have any glue or felt from the edge showing.
7) And TA-DA you are all finished! I didn't add the eye pieces because I never liked the way those looked, but you can always add them using similar steps!