Savannah Guide

Monday, March 27, 2017

I will be continually adding more to this page! I thought I would share with ya'll my guide to Savannah which includes both touristy and more local things. I have marked the things I know are dog friendly with a DF.

Places to Eat:
Marche De Macarons
Many of you who know me, know that macarons are my favorite sweet treat. These are the best I have ever had! They are always fresh and have seasonal flavors as well.

Zunzi's
This is a South African themed take-out restaurant. I love it for their unique tea and excellent gluten-free options!
-DF

The Cotton Exchange
One of my favorite places to eat downtown, located on River Street.

The Crab Shack
My family has been coming here for years. Our favorite thing to order is the Captain's platter. 
-DF

A Chocolate Dream
I am a huge fan of chocolate! I love this little store located on Broughton Street.

The Sugar Shack | Tybee
I cannot say enough good things about this place! Although it is small, the food and ice cream are phenomenal. My favorite is their breakfasts and milkshakes.  
-DF

River Street Sweets
This one is a little touristy, but I stop in every time I'm downtown. My favorite thing to get is their Pralines and they usually have samples!

Tybean Art and Coffee | Tybee
I have tried a lot of local coffee shops and this is by far the best. They feature local art and have a live-in cat named Bean. I highly recommend trying their scones and their Dirty Chai Latte.

Places to Shop:
The Paris Market
This is the cutest little store ever. They have products from all over the world, gorgeous seasonal decor, beautiful fashion books, and a little bakery as well.

Savannah City Market
The best part of the City Market is all of the local art galleries.
-DF

Alex Raskin Antiques
One of my favorite Antique stores downtown (although there are many more). They have floors and floors of stunning antique furniture and decor.

Brighter Day Food Market
One of my favorite 'hippie' stores. They have a wide variety of gluten free foods and fresh made smoothies, as well as a lot of unique foods, beauty products, and vitamins.

Woof Gang Bakery | Pet Supply Store
What a cute store! They have a variety of things for your pup, including baked goods, collars (with bowties), and many other accessories. 
-DF

Things to Do:
Telfair Art Museum
For Valentine's Day, my boyfriend buys us yearly passes to this art museum. It is a three part museum: The Telfair, The Jepson, and The Owens-Thomas House. My favorite is the Telfair, which features classic paintings.

Bonaventure Cemetery
This is known as one of the most beautiful cemeteries in the world.
-DF

Old Sheldon Church Ruins
Even though it is a little out of the way, this is one of my favorite places to visit! It is so gorgeous, it is frequently used for engagement photos and weddings.
-DF

Cathedral of St. John the Baptist
This is such a gorgeous building. Whether you enjoy church or not, it is worth stopping by to see the architecture

Forsyth Park
One of my favorite class breaks is to go to Forsyth during the week. Most people recognize it for the fountain, but there are tons of other things around it. The Mansion hotel and Brighter Day that I have linked are right off of Forsyth, as well as a cute little garden and Starbucks coffee shop.
-DF

Fort Pulaski
Located near Tybee, Fort Pulaski is a beautiful national monument. As well as being able to go inside the fort, there are some walking trails along the water.
-DF 

Places to Stay:
The Mansion
I cannot express how much I love the interior of this hotel. It is gorgeous and located right next to Forsyth Park.

The Bohemian
They have an amazing rooftop bar and are located on Bay Street

Beachview Bed and Breakfast | Tybee
The cutest B&B on Tybee! I toured it during the Tybee tour of homes and fell in love.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great post! I have never been to Savannah- but I am dying to go :)

    Mackenzie | www.mackenziekendall.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is absolutely gorgeous this time of year!

      Delete

CopyRight © Pretty as a Peony